Gone are the days of traditional marketing; the world has, and is still evolving digitally with no signs of stopping in sight. This is why you – as a business owner – need to re-evaluate your business and marketing strategies on a regular basis. If you want to drive customers to your website/business, you need to advertise, and you need to do it over and over again.
Because according to Business Insider, over 97% of the people who visit your website for the first time are likely to leave without buying anything. This is where it becomes crucial to bring them back, otherwise, they will be lost forever.
The solution for this is “Retargeting”.
No worries if you don’t know what this is or how it works. Ad360 is here to help businesses of all sizes get more results out of their online activites! You’re about to learn everything you need to know to make a massive difference in your business and get more sales!
So let’s turn back to retargeting and discover how it can help your business grow.
What is Retargeting?
Retargeting is the process, rather, a strategy that keeps reminding visitors who have visited your website once that you still exist. This is done via ads and is one of the most powerful ways to re-engage with customers. It allows you to reconnect with potential customers online (on websites and even on apps) and convert them into paying customers.
Basically, you are targeting people who have visited or interacted with your website previously at least once. This includes people who abandoned shopping carts.
Unfortunately, this is an option too frequently averted by new and small businesses; this is a big mistake!
Why is Overlooking Retargeting a Mistake?
Because retargeting focuses on people who are already familiar with your brand. If your brand reappears to them over a course of time, it is proven that they will return and shop from your site. Over 92% of people who visit your site for the first time are not yet ready to make a purchase; retargeting them over and over helps to ease them in and convert them into paying customers.
Retargeting will keep you on the top of their mind the next time they are out to look for a product you are hosting/selling on your website. Websites that employ retargeting experience higher Return On Investment (ROI). The goal of a retargeting campaign is to make potential customers take action that they didn’t on their initial visit.
How does Retargeting Work?
Most of the people have already experienced retargeting and have converted into paying customers without even knowing.
- When a customer visits your website, their visit data is store in a privacy-compliant way.
- Instead of showing ads to random people on the internet, retargeting will use all the information about the activities of the customers (the product they viewed, etc.) to show only relevant ads to persons that have shown an interest in your products.
- When the customer visits some other website that displays ads, they will be served ads based on those or similar products that are available on your website.
By constantly reminding them of those products and having your website just a click away for them, the ad campaign will prompt the customer to click on the ad and redirect them to your website where they will take the desired action: make a purchase.
Note the importance of repetition!
There is a marketing rule of thumb where if you really want to make up a visitor’s mind to make a purchase from your website, you must ensure they see your ad at least 7 more times. This means in order to convert a visitor into a customer, you must use retargeting to show them your ad repeated so they finally make up their mind about purchasing from your website. Not to mention it greatly increases your brand visibility to people who already have displayed an interest in your products.
Benefits of Retargeting
According to InternetSearchInc., over 56% of businesses employ retargeting to win more customers. And if more businesses knew about retargeting, this figure would be much higher. According to Google, by combining retargeting with other marketing and advertisement strategies, you can increase sales by 50%.
Retargeting allows new businesses to regain loyal customers over a period and serves as a long-term strategy. You can use it to:
- Showcase your best selling products along with promoting other items that are popular among your targeted audience, increasing your ROI gradually
- It helps you promote new products to an already existing audience and let them know how you are expanding your inventory to include a new variety of different types of products; this makes them revisit your website and view those products
- You can show ads about sales and special promotions to your audience without having to put in any extra efforts
- It keeps your brand on top of their mind and the next time they need to make a purchase; they will visit your site instead of looking for a new place to shop from
Retargeting is a low-budget yet highly efficient technique that has helped new and small businesses develop an online presence as well as a loyal customer base.
Ad360 App for Shopify make it easy for individuals who are not tech-savvy to develop their brand further with its advanced easy-to-use features. Grow your online sales and business by generating more visibility, traffic, and sales.
If you want to learn more and or helped with implementing retargeting, book a demo and see by yourself how we’ll help you boost your business outlook.